We were able to successfully integrate the Megastat CTC100 temp data into EPICS and Frame builder. Picking up from my last entry, we completed the following steps:
1. Restarted the EPICS st.cmd service - this "connected the wires" from the CTC100 to EPICS and allowed us to be able to read out live-time channel values. Koji created a script file to restart st.cmd:
Note that if these channels need to be edited, this is the script one should call to restart EPICS. At this point, we could get the values by caget commands like
P.S. Chris sent us a permanent solution for the service. The process was killed and the service was started by the following command
systemctl restart CTC100
2. Appended new channel names to an existing .ini file (/opt/rtcds/caltech/c4/chans/daq/C0EDCU.ini). This allowed us to record these channels in Frame builder. I was originally going to create a new .ini file with these channels and add the name of the file to master, but we could not find the master file. Plus, instructions of fb4 told us to append to C0EDCU.ini specifically.
3. Restarted email@example.com on fb4:
sudo systemctl restart firstname.lastname@example.org
We used DataViewer to verify that the channels were being recorded. Success!