(Aidan, Stephen, Koji)
Building off of QIL/2597 after more thorough discussion in Mariner meeting today. Aidan and I will confirm details today and make moves toward installation of PDs next week.
Necessary capabilities (note: no need to scavange anything from the IRLabs dewar):
- Cold temperatures = ready (via conductive mounting we have seen workpiece ~ 80 K, workpiece heating and CTC100 temp control is demonstrated)
- Optical interface = ready (existing 1700 nm AR-coated window will be used at 2 micron, input power will just be calibrated with a power meter)
- Electrical interface = almost ready, pending cabling (the cryo vacuum chamber has RTDs instrumented, so we just need the leads for the PDs, and we can create Cu twisted pair leads with in-vac crimp/solder sockets a la Koji's OSEM cabling) (also need in-air cabling with DB9 plug - trivial)
Improvements in advance of PD testing:
- RTD cabling and Heater cabling (in vacuum) should be split with in-vac pins and insulated with PTFE tube - Koji has the magic material recommendations
Desired improvements (not necessarily in advance of PD testing):
- Cu solid linkage (being fabricated).
- Inner radiation shield should be clamped well to cold plate (consistent with most recent trial, but do we want better/more clamps?).
- RTD mounting option on shields without cryo varnish (new threaded hole, new clamps).
- RTDs consistent with planned Mariner RTDs (ref. QIL/2590).
- Heater mounting should be directly to the workpiece via an improved clamp on the 2" x 2" grid (rather than on unused Si cantilever workpiece holder).