This afternoon I finished putting together three of the four sides of the thermal enclosure. I will leave the fourth side off until I use the die cut to make a hole for the 15- or 25-pin connector for all the electronics inside the enclosure. I also won't tape the corners of the base until I know that they will be staying on the frame for an extended period.
On each of the three sides, I was able to make 12 of the 14 connections. I used washers as needed; if the bolt held fine, I skipped a washer, and if the bolt started to snap the threads in the foam's paper backing, I put a washer in. There are washers on approimately half of the connections. By the last side I put on, I had made a process for getting the connections made, so it became not quite so time-consuming as when I started.
Attachment 1: The inside of the enclosure with three of the four sides attached.
Attachment 2: The enclosure with the lid on top. The lid fits very well; eventually when we attach it while the interferometer is running we can tape the seam between the lid and the rest of the enclosure.