40m QIL Cryo_Lab CTN SUS_Lab TCS_Lab OMC_Lab CRIME_Lab FEA ENG_Labs OptContFac Mariner WBEEShop
  ATF eLog  Not logged in ELOG logo
Message ID: 1973     Entry time: Wed Jul 15 11:29:11 2015
Author: Megan 
Type: Misc 
Category: Seismometer 
Subject: Thermal housing walls progress 

This morning I put one of the walls of the thermal enclosure onto the frame. Pictures below:

Attachment 1: The side of the thermal enclosure attached to the frame. The second bolt down on the left side wasn't connected because the nut's spring lost its grip and slid down the track (after the bolts on either side had been tightened). I added washers to three of the four corners to relieve some stress on the foam, and will find more of that size washer so that all the connections can have one.  

Attachment 2: The view down the top of one of the beams. When the bolt is tightented, the nut's springs aren't enough to hold it in place and it rotates slightly. This means that if the bolt is removed, the nut is likely to slide down the track. The connection is good, but this means that the removability of the side panels is more difficult than anticipated.

Attachment 3: The tape on the corners of the lid is coming undone! It doesn't stick well to the foam's paper backing; I will either glue this tape down or find some other tape that adheres better. 

I will put two more sides of the enclosure on like this one, and leave the last one off until I am able to use the punches to make holes in the aluminum sheeting for the electronics wires to go through.  

Attachment 1: IMG_5180.JPG  340 kB  | Hide | Hide all
Attachment 2: IMG_5181.JPG  314 kB  | Hide | Hide all
Attachment 3: IMG_5182.JPG  287 kB  | Hide | Hide all
ELOG V3.1.3-