I've done a few things this week. Connor and I characterized his laser's beam divergence, the results of which can be found on a previous entry. I'll do the same measurement for my laser once we're allowed to turn it on. The table now has a mock-up of the Fabry-Perot cavity locking scheme, it's still missing a few mirrors but the gist of it is there. I also changed the setup for our actual gyro design. In order to increase the finesse of the cavity, we got rid of one of the partially transmitting mirrors in the triangular cavity. So there is now a setup with two highly reflective mirrors and one partially transmitting, and both the clockwise and the counterclockwise beams will be injected into that one. We're also going to set it up so the clockwise mode goes through the AOM twice in order to double the effect. My first progress report is attached to my 40m wiki page. (Sorry, no LaTeX yet, will figure that out).
Attached here is the new diagram for the gyro setup.