40m QIL Cryo_Lab CTN SUS_Lab TCS_Lab OMC_Lab CRIME_Lab FEA ENG_Labs OptContFac Mariner WBEEShop
  ATF eLog  Not logged in ELOG logo
Entry  Thu Feb 10 13:00:28 2011, Zach, Computing, DAQ, everything is working again 
    Reply  Thu Feb 10 16:11:56 2011, Alastair, Computing, DAQ, everything is working again 
       Reply  Thu Feb 10 16:28:24 2011, Frank, Computing, DAQ, everything is working again 
          Reply  Thu Feb 10 19:04:14 2011, Zach, Computing, DAQ, everything is working again 
             Reply  Thu Feb 10 22:03:03 2011, Frank, Computing, DAQ, everything is working again 
Message ID: 1296     Entry time: Thu Feb 10 13:00:28 2011     Reply to this: 1297
Author: Zach 
Type: Computing 
Category: DAQ 
Subject: everything is working again 

 [Alex, Joe, Zach]

Problem 1:

  • The wiper was defining the percentage used wrong. It used "used space" over "total space", which sounds right, but due to the fact that there is some reserved space (~5% of the total), this is not the same as [ 1 - (available space)/(total space)].
  • The wiper, which uses the first method, reported 87%, while df (second method) reported 93% full. Since the wiper was set to keep 95% before, this means that it was actually using up more than all of the available space.
  • Joe couldn't find an easy way to implement the second method into the wiper script, so he settled for a different one:      percentage used = used / (used + avail)
  • Now the wiper reports a much closer value to df.
  • We also changed the wiper setting to 90% for the time being, and observed that it worked properly

Problem 2:

  • Even though daqd had been set to run as controls, ndsd had not. Therefore, when we tried to access old data from the frames, we got error #13: permission denied.
  • We changed the ndsd inittab to run as controls, so that it is matched with daqd
  • Everything works now

Booyakasha.

ELOG V3.1.3-