I broke the cantilever while fastening the fork clamp. Afterwards, I used methanol to remove the varnish and separate the mirror from the cantilever shard. I then used a cotton-tipped swab soaked in methanol to clean the varnish from the sides of the mirror. I drag wiped the HR and AR surfaces of the mirror with methanol followed by isopropyl alcohol. Finally, I bonding the mirror to a different cantilever (this one with somewhat more pitting than the previous) -- again bonding with cryo varnish at four points on the sides of the mirror, but on recommendation from Chris this time with the mirror AR surface touching the cantilever.