While Craig was messing around on computers all day, awade got to work on the optics table aligning the North path. He managed to lock the North at 60% visibility without even touching our new mode matching lens positions. We think we can do better in the near future.
But while we had two TEM00 modes, we decided to get a betnote measurement.
Beatnote strength: +1 dBm (This is including an ND filter on our optics)
Beatnote frequency: 103.3 MHz
Also, apparently our new vaccan temp control PID script had a sign flip in it, so we've been heating our can maximally for a while today, up to 40 degrees C. We fixed this, which will cause our can to go to 30 C and the beatnote will slew violently. This made getting a beatnote ASD difficult.