I pulled the ultrasonic cleaner out from under the bench. The reservoir and most of the gear is pretty dirty.
I filled with water and ran it at 60 C for 30 min with just water which seems to have dislodge most of the stuff. There was a slight burning smell initially, I think this was dust burning off: it seems to be working fine now, but I wouldn't leave it in the lab unattended.
The plan is to suspend parts in Pyrex beakers in a clean detergent solution. We have a box of the Branson EC, this is an alkaline low foaming detergent. The bottle doesn't list pH. We don't want to mess up our shiny surfaces. I'm not sure how this will interact with the gold coated copper parts. I'll do a little googling and test out some goal platted contacts used in connectors.
I've also located the baking rig in the OMC lab. I just need to wrap it with some heater wires, give it a clean inside and do a prebake. raNa suggests in the hallway to not stink up the lab.