Andrew and I did some stuff in the lab today:
-Taped up the cavity and added some insulation.
-Got the Python version of the PID script running on the acromag computer (including installing the prerequisite libraries epics and cdsutils). The script is attached.
-There were some bursts of noise in the error signal that was messing with the PID loop. Andrew fixed this by increasing the "fast gain" knob on the control box.
-Tuned the PID gains to get the desired response. The gains ended up being Kp = 0, Ki = 0.0021, and Kd = .0014. It seemed like the Kd was acting like how you would expect Kp to, which didn't really make sense to me, but we got a pretty good response from these gains.
Edit: Reattaching script, there was a change in it made on the acromag computer that wasn't reflected in the version I uploaded earlier.
from ezca import Ezca
#A python translation of the RCAV_thermalPID.pl/SLOW_PID.pl script
#translated from perl script