I've been fiddling around, trying to get a perl script up and running for the PID control the laser temperatures. There were some issues in getting channels updated in the IOCTEST_BIO_generic.db database file to show up.
I added a record to the bottom of the database that looked like, for example, this:
field(SCAN, ".1 second")
However the medm generated interface can't seem to find the channel, even after restarting the acromag instance. I thought maybe there was some instance buried in the multitude of cmd promt menues opened on fb2/acromag1 boxes of either the sitemap or acromag server thing. So I did a reset of both computers. Acromag1 (IP=10.0.0.33) started back up again, but fb2 (IP=10.0.0.12) is complaining that some volumes haven't been checked in almost a year and has hung on one of the boot up screens.
Maybe it is just varifying disks and hasn't done this in a long time. If it is still hung in the morning I may need some help bring this computer back up.
Not sure if there is a backup of this computer or a SVN directory with all its stuff. This is the computer that does the front end of the EPICS interface so is kind of esseital at the moment. It's running a 2007 version of Gnome, maybe this should go on our list of lab maintainance stuff to fix/update along with getting the ATF network back up in the PSL Lab. Right now all the PSL lab computers are being version controled by copying files back into their directory with a date added to the name. This is fine as a quick fix, but make version controling a nightmare once versions start to branch of evolve drastically over time. It might be time to reserect some of the 40m SVN directories and bring about some order.
Post coming soon about some reconfigurations of the Acromag crate and a summary of the channel mapings.