I scanned the profile of the laser borrowed from 40m. The avg beam radius is 220um ~ 1 cm in front of the laser opening. This number will be used for a new table layout.
The laser was operated at full power (~700mW as expected). I used a mirror to attenuated the beam and use WINCAM to measure the beam profile (power incident on WINCAM was ~0.7mW). To measure the full power and avoid burning the power meter, I used a polarizing beam splitter with 1/2 wave plate to reduce the beam power by half then measured and summed the power from two sides of the PBS.
The beam shape is looking more like a blob than an oval. This might explain why the fitting does not match the measurement well.