Quiet time before excitation: 1175653360
Excitation broadband: 1175653395
Quiet time after excitation: 1175653460
Quiet time before excitation: 1175660690
Excitation broadband: 1175660725
Quiet time after excitation: 1175660790
Quiet time before excitation: 1175668021
Excitation broadband: 1175668056
Quiet time after excitation: 1175668121
Quiet time before excitation: 1175675351
Excitation broadband: 1175675386
Quiet time after excitation: 1175675451
Quiet time before excitation: 1175682681
Excitation broadband: 1175682717
Quiet time after excitation: 1175682782
Quiet time before excitation: 1175690012
Excitation broadband: 1175690047
Quiet time after excitation: 1175690112
Quiet time before excitation: 1175697342
Excitation broadband: 1175697377
Quiet time after excitation: 1175697442
Cleaned the chamber in the washing machine at 40m and started 48 baking at 120 C
Some progress on the cleam room: bar fixed to the wall, some more structure built, filters in place. We had to (literally) work around a corner of the low ceiling that we haven't noticed before. More contruction will follow tomorrow. We also had to order some additional parts (more extrusions, brackets, screws, etc...)
This morning we installed the clean room curtains and washed them. It turns out that the air filters are supposed to be powered at 277V (?) instead of 115V. So right now the flux is quite low. We are looking into the problem: either replace them with 115V modules or install a small transformer.
We also installed the vacuum chamber on the table and connected all the pumps and gauges. There are no leaks and we could pump down easily the empty chamber. We left for lunch when the pressure was at a few 1e-6 Tor and still going down.
Annealing run (449-453) on 3" wafers - Crime 11/01/2016 https://dcc.ligo.org/T1600507
Cleaning and baking (200 C air foe SS and 120 for Al) parts for the new vacuum chamber
Fixed the 307 gauge controller (a missing contact on the rair panel). The low pressure gauge was connected to 1G port and has measured 1.7E-6 torr. We are not sure since how long the turbo was operating (no vacuum logger yet).
Installed a gate valve between the roughing and tubbo pump. See below a pump down curve. The convection gauge is not calibrated. the turbo started at 14th min (at about 3 torr)
At 5pm the pressure was 6.5e-6 torr.
Checked again at:
Please see prosidures for pumping down and venting with air for the test vacuum chamber here https://dcc.ligo.org/T1600304
Ordered the clean room (hardware+hepa filters) and vacuum gauges
Annealing run (447-448) on 3" wafers - Crime 10/27/2016 https://dcc.ligo.org/T1600485-v1
Microscope inspection of samples:
Started annealing run Annealing run (489-490) on 3" wafers - Crime 01/18/2017 https://dcc.ligo.org/T1700027 using new hardware
The new chamber was build. The first attempt to pump down was unsuccessful because of dislocated lid. After the lit was placed properly, the chamber was pumped down to 0.1 torr within 8 min. In future a sky hook will be used to help placing the lid properly. The clamps should not be placed on the lid before the roughing pump turned on.
The turbo pump controller failed. Error code 698 – call the vendor.
Turbo pump controller (new chamber) was configured. Need to reduce the frequency or setup a standby mode. First pump down: E-7 range reached within about an hour. See plot: blue - old crime chamber, pink - new crime chamber.
Started Annealing run (491-496) on 3" wafers - Crime 01/20/2017 https://dcc.ligo.org/LIGO-T1700036 Will be done by Monday
Started an annealing run https://dcc.ligo.org/LIGO-T1700271
Will be ready by Friday morning
Started annealing run https://dcc.ligo.org/T1700293
Will be ready by June 28th afternoon