gcc -L/usr/lib/ -ldl -lresolv -lm -ldl -lnsl -lsocket elogd.c -o elogd
elogkeywd keyword1 keyword2 keyword3
>kermit (I used kermit command for serial communication.)
>set modem type none
>set line /dev/ttyS0 (ttyS0 should be the device name of your serial port)
>set speed 9600
>set parity none
>set stop-bits 1
>set flow-control none
AuthName "LVC password"
I notice that Megatron is slower than any other computer in running code that invokes optickle or looptickle (i.e. three times slower than Ottavia). Even without the graphics.
Has anyone ever experienced that?
Symptoms: Belladonna could not (for a while) connect to the wireless network, since there was a driver problem for the wireless card. This (I believe) started when Yoichi was doing updates on it a while back.
The system: Belladonna is a Dell Inspirion E1505 laptop, with a Broadcom Corporation Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-PCI Card (rev 01)
Result: Belladonna now can talk to it's wireless card, and is connected to the Martian network. (MEDM and Dataviewer both work, so it must be on the network.)
What I did:
0. Find a linux forum with the following method: http://www.thelinuxpimp.com/main/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=749
The person who wrote this has the exact same laptop, with the same wireless card.
1. Get a new(er) version of ndiswrapper, which "translates" the Windows Driver for the wireless card to Linux-ese. Belladonna previously was using ndiswrapper-1.37.
2. Put the ndiswrapper in /home/controls/Drivers, and installed it.
$ndiswrapper -i bcmwl5.inf 3. Get and put the Windows driver in /home/controls/Drivers/WiFi$wget http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/R140747.EXE
4. Unzip the driver
$unzip -a R140747.EXE
5. Make Fedora use ndiswrapper
6. Change some files to make everything work:
/etc/sysconfig/wpa_supplicant CHANGE FROM: DRIVERS="-Dndiswrapper" CHANGE TO: DRIVERS="-Dwext"
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 CHANGE FROM: BOOTPROTO=none CHANGE TO: BOOTPROTO=dhcp
/etc/rc.d/init.d/wpa_supplicant CHANGE FROM: daemon $prog -c $conf $INTERFACES $DRIVERS -B CHANGE TO: daemon $prog -c$conf $INTERFACES $DRIVERS -B
6. Restart things
$service wpa_supplicant restart
$service network restart
7. Restart computer (since it wasn't working after 1-6, so give a restart a try)
8. Success!!! MEDM and Dataviewer work without any wired internet connection => wireless card is all good again!
So after having broke Allegra by updating the kernel, I was able to get it running again by copying the xorg.conf.backup file over xorg.conf in /etc/X11. So at this point in time, Allegra is running with generic video drivers, as opposed to the ATI specific and proprietary drivers.