40m QIL Cryo_Lab CTN SUS_Lab TCS_Lab OMC_Lab CRIME_Lab FEA ENG_Labs OptContFac Mariner WBEEShop
  40m Log  Not logged in ELOG logo
Entry  Wed Oct 23 00:05:17 2013, manasa, Update, SUS, Unstable Y arm ALS points to problems with ETMY suspension Y-SUS_All.png
    Reply  Wed Oct 23 09:17:33 2013, Steve, Update, SUS, ETMY sensors compared to ETMX ETMYglitching.pngOSEMsensorsETMY&X.pngETMYgettingKickedUp.pngdrive-damp.png
       Reply  Wed Oct 23 11:42:28 2013, rana, Update, SUS, ETMY sensors compared to ETMX 
       Reply  Wed Oct 23 15:48:06 2013, rana, Update, SUS, ETMY sensors compared to ETMX remote-control-cockroach.jpg
          Reply  Wed Oct 23 17:30:17 2013, jamie, Update, SUS, ETMY sensors compared to ETMX 
             Reply  Wed Oct 23 18:24:56 2013, rana, Update, SUS, ETMY sensors compared to ETMX 
                Reply  Wed Oct 23 18:28:01 2013, Jenne, Update, SUS, ETMY sensors compared to ETMX Screenshot-Untitled_Window.pngScreenshot-Untitled_Window-1.png
                   Reply  Thu Oct 24 10:31:25 2013, Steve, Update, SUS, ETMY sensors compared to ETMX 24h_glitching.pngdampingOffref.png
                   Reply  Tue Oct 29 10:51:16 2013, Masayuki, Update, SUS, ETMY sensors compared to ETMX 
                   Reply  Tue Oct 29 22:33:57 2013, rana, Update, SUS, ETMY sensors compared to ETMX Scratch-n-SniffStinkyDooBabyShowerGame1.jpg
                      Reply  Wed Oct 30 14:58:44 2013, Steve, HowTo, General, shutting down a computer 
                Reply  Thu Oct 24 12:00:11 2013, jamie, Update, CDS, fb acquisition of slow channels  
                   Reply  Fri Oct 25 01:46:33 2013, rana, Update, CDS, fb acquisition of slow channels  
Message ID: 9288     Entry time: Fri Oct 25 01:46:33 2013     In reply to: 9278
Author: rana 
Type: Update 
Category: CDS 
Subject: fb acquisition of slow channels  

Rather than limp along with a broken SLOW channel system, I fixed it so that the EDCU files made during the RCG build actually get used and added to the channel list (and thereby available in DV and trends).

I first started by adding all of the EDCU files. This completely fails; daqd just doesn't start and gives some weird exceptions.

So I removed a bunch of them and it runs OK now with ~15000 channels. Previously we had ~1500 slow channels.

An in-between config tonight had ~58000 channels and was also running fine, but the connection to the FB would time out when using DV after several minutes. Possibly we can fix this by adding some more RAM to the FB (the DAQD process uses up 45% of the CPU and 39% of the 8 GB of RAM).

Another issue in getting this to work was that there were a bunch of channel name conflicts between the old C0EDCU.ini and the sub-system EDCU files that I was trying to add. I went through by hand and deleted all of the duplicates from the old file. The new frame files are 80 MB, the old ones were 66 MB.

I hope that /frames doesn't become full - not sure how that is wiped...

ELOG V3.1.3-