I wanted to make sure that the QPD map on the C1IOO_MC_TRANS_QPD.adl screen corresponded to the actual physical quadrants on the photodiode at the MC2 table. We turned MC_WFS_OUT OFF before fiddling around with a red laser pointer to try and map the quadrants.
I initially verified the correspondence between the various quadrants and the text-fields displaying the outputs using PV_Info. I found that there was good agreement in this respect. So for instance, field adjacent to the quadrant marked "1" on the C1IOO_MC_TRANS_QPD.adl screen had the following input channel: IOO_MC_TRANS_SEG1_INMON. The filter banks were empty and there was just an overall gain on -1 on all four channels. The channels leading to the filter-banks were the 'right' ones: quadrant 1 for the top bank, then quadrants 2,3 and 4 down.
Next, a red laser pointer was used to map the quadrants. Here, there was some disagreement between the physical quadrants and the map on the C1IOO_MC_TRANS_QPD.adl screen, which is summarised in the attached image-the whole thing is sort of rotated 180degrees about the centre.
The interpretation of the figure is as follows:
quadrant 1 on screen QPD=bottom right quadrant on QPD
quadrant 2 on screen QPD=top right quadrant on QPD
quadrant 3 on screen QPD=top leftt quadrant on QPD
quadrant 4 on screen QPD=bottom left quadrant on QPD
MC_WFS_OUT was turned back ON.