X green beat note found!
1. Near-field and far-field alignment on the PSL table. The near-field alignment checked by looking at the camera and the far-field alignment checked by allowing the beams to propagate by removing the DC PD.
2. Check laser temperature and get a sense of how the offset translates to the actual laser temperature.
3. Get an idea of the expected temperature of laser using the plot in elog.
PSL laser temperature = 31.45 deg C
X end laser temperature = 39.24 deg C
C1-ALS-X_SLOW_SEERVO2_OFFSET = 4810
Amplitude of beat note = -40dBm
I do not understand why
1. The amplitude of beatnote falls linearly with frequency (peak traced using 'hold' option of the spectrum analyzer).
2. I found the beat note at the RF output of the PD. Earlier, while I was trying to search for the beatnote from the RFmon output of the betabox, there was a strong peak at 29.6MHz that existed even when the green shutters were closed. It's source has to be traced.
Solve beatbox puzzle and lock arm using ALS.