Spot centering on Y arm - DONE!
1. I went back to the IFO alignment slider positions from Friday. The Y arm was flashing in HOM because the earthquake this morning tripped all suspensions and the slider values were not real. X arm did not have any flashes.
2. Y arm aligned using TT1 and TT2. Spot centering measured using Jenne's A2L_Yarm script.
Pitch 6.48 4.39
Yaw -7.42 -3.135
3. I started centering in pitch. I used the same in-vac alignment method (down on TT1 and up on TT2 in pitch) and measured spot positions.
4. When the spot positions were centered in pitch, I started with yaw alignment.
5. I had to use TT1 to center on ITMY and move TT2 and ITMY to center on ETMY.
6. Spot positions after centering:
Pitch -1.22 -1.277
Yaw 0.42 -0.731
7. I wanted to go back and tweak the pitch cenetering; but framebuilder failed and dataviewer kept loosing connection to fb
AS seems clipped. Although it could be because of the misaligned BS.
IPANG was centered on the QPD, but it is so clipped, that I'm not sure we can trust it. Max sum right now is -4, rather than the usual -8 or -9.
Once fb is fixed, we should align the X-arm which will be followed by green alignment.
Over the last few weeks, it has been observed that there is some strong seismic activity that starts at around 9PM everyday and goes on for a couple of hours. It seems unlikely that it is our geologist neighbour (Jenne met with the grad student who works on the noisy experiment).