MI with X arm length stabilized off resonance and Y arm length stabilized at resonance using ALS succeed, but I couldn't bring X arm to IR resonance. This maybe because of too much phase fluctuation. I will calculate it later.
What I did:
1. Brought X arm to IR resonance.
2. Brought Y arm to IR resonance.
3. Brought X arm to off-resonance.
4. Brought Y arm to off-resonance. (1-4 are to play with arms)
5. Locked MI in dark fringe using AS55_Q as error signal and BS as actuator.
6. Brought Y arm to IR resonance. This flips sign, so MI lock will be bright fringe.
7. Brought X arm to IR resonance. This destroys MI lock.
Below is the plot showing what I did
I also tried to lock MI after both arms are stabilized at resonance, but it failed, too.
MI + X arm ALS fails. I think this is from too much BS motion to compensate phase fluctuation of arm reflected beam.
MI + Y arm ALS fails when I want to lock in dark fringe. Only bright fringe works.
New compact MEDM screen for ALS:
It has (almost) everything you need for ALS. It lives in /opt/rtcds/caltech/c1/medm/c1gcv/master/C1ALS_COMPACT.adl.
- Button for turning on/off ALS. It even does "clear history"!
(light brown button "ON plus", "ON minus", "OFF"; runs /opt/rtcds/caltech/c1/scripts/ALS/easyALS.py; Currently, you have to guess the sign of gain. Ctrl-C if the sign was wrong. It will be nice if script can handle this. Use lockin to detemrine the sign?)
- Button for finding IR resonance.
(pink button "IRres"; runs /opt/rtcds/caltech/c1/scripts/ALS/findIRresonance.py)
- Button for bringing arm length to off-resonance.
(pink button "-10", "+10"; steps +/- 10 deg offset)
- Button for toggling green shutters.
(green button "shutter"; runs /opt/rtcds/caltech/c1/medm/c1gcv/cmd/toggle(X|Y)Shutter.py)
- Button for switching monitors.
(grey button "Video (X|Y)arm"; runs /opt/rtcds/caltech/c1/scripts/general/Video_(X|Y)arm.csh)
- Slider for changing temperature of end lasers. You can also open temperature servo screens from orange "(X|Y)SLOW" button.