In order to install the necessary extensions to epics to make the aLIGO conlog work, I have edited one file in the base epics install that affects makefiles:
Jamie said he prefers diffs, so I regenerated the original file and did a diff against the current file:
megatron:configure>diff CONFIG_COMMON.orig.reconstructedMar72012 CONFIG_COMMON.bck.Mar72012
< USR_CPPFLAGS =
< USR_DBDFLAGS =
> USR_CPPFLAGS = -I $(EPICS_BASE)/include
> USR_CPPFLAGS += -I $(EPICS_BASE)/include/os/Linux/
> USR_CPPFLAGS += -I $(EPICS_BASE)/../modules/archive/lib/linux-x86_64/
> USR_DBDFLAGS = -I $(EPICS_BASE)/dbd
> USR_DBDFLAGS += -I $(EPICS_BASE)/../modules/archive/dbd
This is saved in CONFIG_COMMON.diff.Mar72012_1
After following up with Patrick Thomas for a while trying to make the extensions to epics work within the currently installed epics, he decided that we should just start over with a fresh install of epics 3.14.10.
I am installing this in /ligo/apps/linux-x86_64/epics/base-3.14.10/
Prior to all of this, I had done a lot of installation and configuration of the packages needed to make LAMP work:
sudo apt-get install lamp-server^
sudo apt-get install phpmyadmin
I then continued to follow the instructions on Patrick's wiki:
I installed the c_string library into /ligo/apps/linux-x86_64/ according to his instructions. (prior to my installs, there was no /ligo/ on this machine at all, so I made the needed parent directories with the correct permissions).
That should be everything up to installing epics (working on that now).