Not logged in
Sat Jun 28 14:56:44 2008
In short, I was editing the ini files yesterday evening, I didn't e-log it and after some investigation this afternoon it apears
I am to blame for all the computer problems
I wanted to edit C0EDCU.ini and C1IOOF.ini to change C1: PSL-FSS_FAST to a fast channel as C1: PSL-FSS_FAST_F
I opened these files and made backups. It appears this is where it all went awry. My backup for C1IOOF
is called C1IOO.ini.090627 i.e. missing the F.
Later c1susvme2 and c1iovme crashed. After failing to bring c1iovme back I wondered if my edits had
caused the problems so I restored the back up files. It appears that here I wrote over C1IOO with my backup of
C1IOOF (presumably because I had made a typo in the name).
To remedy the situation we could restore C1IOO from e.g. chans/archive/C1IOO_080618_160028.ini
No excuses for not e-logging this activity.