We took the data for the new absolute length measurement of both arms, after the latest vent and move. We will analyze soonly. We had done a round of analysis, but then Koji pointed out that our data wasn't so clean because the whitening filters were on (and saturated the ADC). We now have the data (but not the analysis) for the better data with the WF off.
So our dirty-data preliminary number for the X arm is 37.73meters, which is 14cm different from our old length. We were supposed to move by ~20cm, so....either this measurement is bad because the data sucked (which it did), or we are 6cm off. Or both.
I'll do another analysis with the clean data for both arms later today/tomorrow.
After analyzing the cleaner data, I get the following:
Y_Length_long = 37.757 meters
X_Length_long = 37.772 meters
As stated in the wiki, the goal arm length was L = 37.7974 m for each arm.
So we're within 2cm for X, and within 4cm for Y.
According to Kiwamu's awesome tolerance calculation, we need to be within 2cm for each arm. Given that we started out 20cm wrong for X and 25cm wrong for Y, we're a lot closer now, even though we aren't meeting our Yarm requirement yet.
Probably some Optickle action is in order, to see what these new lengths give us in terms of sideband phase and other stuff.
If you want more digits on my calculated numbers (which are probably meaningless, but I haven't done a careful error analysis), in my directory ...../users/jenne/Xarm and ..../users/jenne/Yarm run Xarm_find_peaks_and_length.m and Yarm_find_peaks_and_length.m respectively. These will output the lengths.