I've finally completed the SUS/peakFit/ scripts which find the new input matrix for the SUS. MC1, MC2, MC3, and ITMX have been matrix'd.
I tried to do the BS, but it came out with very funny matrix elements. Also the BS is missing its DAQ channels again (JAMIE !) so we can't diagnose it with the free swinging method.
To continue, we have to get some good data and try this again. Right now there are some weird issues with a lot of the optics. I've also set the damping gains for the optics with the new matrices.
new_matrix = findMatrix('ITMX')
this script writes the values to the MEDM input SUS matrix. To do the writing, I used the low level 'caput' command instead of ezcawrite since the ezca libraries are getting deprecated.
caput doesn't really have good diagnostics, so I use matlab to check the return status and then display to the terminal. You can just rerun it if it gives you an error.
A coupled of normalization notes:
1) The POS/PIT/YAW rows are scaled so that the mean of abs(FACE elements) = 1. Previously, I had the max element = 1.
2) The SIDE row is scaled so that the SIDE element = +1.
3) I then normalized the ROWS according to the geometrical factors that Jamie has calculated and almost put into the elog.
All these scripts have been added to the SVN. I've removed the large binary data files from the directory though. You can just rsync them in to your laptop if you want to run this stuff remotely.