I measured some laser powers associated with the beat-note detection system on the PSL table.
The diagram below is a summary of the measurement. All the data were taken by the Newport power meter.
The reflection from the beat-note PD is indeed significant as we have seen.
In addition to it the BS has a funny R/T ratio maybe because we are using an unknown BS from the Drever cabinet. I will replace it by a right BS.
During my work for making a noise budget I noticed that we haven't carefully characterize the beat-note detection system.
The final goal of this work is to draw noise curves for all the possible noise sources in one plot.
To draw the shot noise as well as the PD dark noise in the plot, I started collecting the data associated with the beat-note detection system.
* Estimation and measurement of the shot noise
* measurement of the PD electrical noise (dark noise)
* modeling for the PD electrical noise
* measurement of the doubling efficiency
* measurement of an amplitude noise coupling in the frequency discriminators