This morning I began the process of bringing our copy of the CDS code up to date to the version installed at Livingston. The motivation was to get fixes to various parts, among others such as the oscillator part. This would mean cleaning up front end model .mdl files without having to pass clk, sin, cos channels for every optic through 3 layers of simulink boxes.
I also began the process of using a similar startup method, which involved creating /etc/init.d/ start and stop scripts for the various processes which get run on the front ends, including awgtpman and mx_streams. This allows the monitor software called monit to remotely restart those processes or provide a web page with a real time status of those processes. A cleaner rc.local file utilizing sub-scripts was also adapted.
I did some testing of the new codes on c1iscey. This testing showed a problem with the timing part of the code, with cycles going very long. We think it has something to do with the code not accounting for the fact that we do not have IRIG-B timing cards in the IO chassis providing GPS time, which the sites do have. We rely on the computer clock and ntpd.
At the moment, we've reverted to svn revision 2174 of the CDS code, and I've put the previously working version of the c1scy and c1x05 (running on the c1iscey computer) back. Its from the /opt/rtcds/caltech/c1/target/c1x05/c1x05_11014_163146 directory. I've put the old rc.local file back in /diskless/root/etc/ directory on the fb machine. Currently running code on the other front end computers was not touched.