I used 50 mA to drive the laser diode. The light is split 50/50 between the DUT (Device Under Test) and the New Focus 1611 (1 GHz BW) diode used as the reference.
This measurement is the TF of DUT/(New Focus). The resonances are there, but clearly there's an issue with instability around 200 MHz. The setup is still powered up, so please be careful around the RFPD testing table (don't stomp around yank the cables out of the power supplies).
I looked at the RF Photodiode wiki that Alberto has started - most of the TF features are replicated there. Todo:
* Update the 'schematic' with a real schematic instead of the cartoon.
* Change the circuit to remove the resistor in the RF path.
* Add compensation to avoid the 200 MHz instability.
* Make sure to include opamp current noise in the noise model (it is the dominant noise source but has been left out in the noise estimation plot).
* Make the output into a true 50 Ohms.