Autoburt wouldn't restore settings for front ends on reboot
First I moved the burt directory over to the new directory structure.
This involved moving /cvs/cds/caltech/burt/ to /opt/rtcds/caltech/c1/burt.
Then I updated the burt.cron file in the new location, /opt/rtcds/caltech/c1/burt/autoburt/. This pointed to the new autoburt.pl script.
I created an autoburt directory in the /opt/rtcds/caltech/c1/scripts directory and placed the autoburt.pl script there.
I modified the autoburt.pl script so that it pointed to the new snapshot location. I also modified it so it updates a directory called "latest" located in the /opt/rtcds/caltech/c1/burt/autoburt directory. In there is a set of soft links to the latest autoburt backup.
Lastly, I edited the crontab on op340m (using crontab -e) to point to the new burt.cron file in the new location.
This was the easiest solution since the start script is just a simple bash script and I couldn't think of a quick and easy way to have it navigate the snapshots directory reliably.
I then modified the Makefile located in /opt/rtcds/caltech/c1/core/advLigoRTS/ which actually generates the start scripts, to point at the "latest" directory when doing restores. Previously it had been pointing to /tmp/ which didn't really have anything in it.
So in the future, when building code, it should point to the correct snapshots now. Using sed I modified all the existing start scripts to point to the latest directory when grabbing snapshots.
According to Keith directory documentation (see T1000248) , the burt restores should live in the individual target system directory i.e. /target/c1sus/burt, /target/c1lsc/burt, etc. This is a distinctly different paradigm from what we've been using in the autoburt script, and would require a fairly extensive rewrite of that script to handle this properly. For the moment I'm keeping the old style, everything in one directory by date. It would probably be worth discussing if and how to move over to the new system.