I have made a little bit of progress on the PEM channels. I have begun writing up detailed instructions in the DAQ Wiki page on how to add a channel to the new DAQ system. I have followed those instructions thus far, and can see my channels in the .ini file (and in the daqconfig gui thing), but I don't have any channels in Dataviewer or DTT.
There are some tricky "gotchas" involved in creating new models and channels. Some examples include: No use of the characters "DUMMY" in any channel name. The makefile is specifically hardcoded to fail if that string of characters is used. Also, you must have at least 2 filter banks in every model. Why? No one knows. You just do. The model won't compile unless you have 2 or more filter banks.
My efforts today included ~3 reboots of the frame builder, and ~2 reboots of c1sus. When Kiwamu and I rebooted c1sus, we burt restored to some time in the last 24 hrs. Some of the SUS filters on some of the optics were not set correctly (things like the bounce roll filter), so we turned all of them on, and reset all of the input and output matricies to be the correct combination of +1 and -1's to make Pit, Pos and Yaw. The tuning seems to happen now-a-days in the gains for each DOF, and the gains were set correctly by the burt restore for every optic except PRM. We made some educated guesses for what the gains should be based on the other optics, and PRM is damping pretty well (these guesses included reducing the SIDE gain by ~10 from the BS SIDE value, since the analog gain of the PRM SIDE sensor is much higher than others). We'll have to fine tune these gains using some Yuta-developed method soon. Or find a burt snapshot that had some non-unity values in there.