For green locking, we are planning to feedback frequency differential signal to ETM suspension for the final configuration.
We don't have ETM suspension control system right now, so we are going to feedback the signal to X-end laser frequency for a test.
We have two loops for the servo;
1. coarse locking using frequency counter, feeding back to the laser temperature
2. using VCO, feeding back to the laser PZT
Today, we checked frequency counter SR620 and see how to get the small beat note signal(-48dBm; see elog #3771).
What we did:
1. Using Marconi(RF signal generator), put RF signals to SR620 and see how small signal SR620 can see.
It depends on the frequency. For 80MHz signal, you need more than about -9dBm.
Since we are going to lock the frequency difference between X-end and PSL to 80MHz, we need at least +40dBm amp before putting the signal into SR620.
RF amplifier ZHL-32A has around +28dBm +28dB gain at 80MHz, so we need 2 of them.
2. Marconi -> ZHL-32A -> ZHL-32A -> SR620 and see how small 80MHz signal SR620 can see.
Around -68dBm. This should be enough.
3. SR620 has "STRIP CHART" output on the rear panel. The output voltage is proportional to the mean frequency of the input.
The output range is 0-8V. So in order to get 4V for 80MHz, set SCALE to 20MHz.
- find green beat again and see if SR620 can see it with double ZHL-32A configuration