So I finished writing a script which takes an .ipc file (the one which defines channel names and numbers for use with the RCG code generator), parses it, checks for duplicate channel names and ipcNums, and then parses and .mdl file looking for channel names, and outputs a new .ipc file with all the new channels added (without modifying existing channels).
The script is written in python, and for the moment can be found in /home/controls/advLigoRTS/src/epics/simLink/parse_mdl.py
I still need to add all the nice command line interface stuff, but the basic core works. And already found an error in my previous .ipc file, where I used the channel number 21 twice, apparently.
Right now its hard coded to read in C1.ipc and spy.mdl, and outputs to H1.ipc, but I should have that fixed tonight.