Tobin & Keith pointed out in the LLO ilog that there was a code bug in the autoburt.pl script for autoburts.
I edited the autoburt.pl script so that it will work from now until 2099 (by which time we may no longer be using this version of perl):
nodus:autoburt>diff autoburt.pl~ autoburt.pl
< $thisyear = "200".$timestamp;
> $thisyear = "20".$timestamp;
The autoburt has not been working ever since 11PM on New Year's eve.
I ran it by hand and it seems to run fine. I noticed along the way that it was running on op340m (our old Sun Blade 150 machine). The autoburt.pl was pointing at /cvs/cds/bin/perl
which is Perl v5.0. I changed it to use '/usr/bin/env' and now points at '/usr/bin/perl' which is perl 5.8. It runs fine with the new perl:
op340m:scripts>time perl /cvs/cds/scripts/autoburt.pl >> /cvs/cds/caltech/logs/autoburtlog.log
5.37u 6.29s 2:13.41 8.7%
Also ran correctly, via cron, at 9AM.