I (think I) restarted DMF. It's on Mafalda, running in matlab (not the complied version which Rana was having trouble with back in the day). To start Matlab, I did "nohup matlab", ran mdv_config, then started seisBLRMS.m running. Since I used nohup, I then closed the terminal window, and am crossing my fingers in hopes that it continues to work. I would have used Screen, but that doesn't seem to work on Mafalda.
Just kidding. That plan didn't work. The new plan: I started a terminal window on Op540, which is ssh-ed into Mafalda, and started up matlab to run seisBLRMS. That window is still open.
Because Unix was being finicky, I had to open an xterm window (xterm -bg green -fg black), and then ssh to mafalda and run matlab there. The symptoms which led to this were that even though in a regular terminal window on Op540, ssh-ed to mafalda, I could access tconvert, I could not make gps.m work in matlab. When Rana ssh-ed from Allegra to Op540 to Mafalda and ran matlab, he could get gps.m to work. So it seems like it was a Unix terminal crazy thing. Anyhow, starting an xterm window on Op540m and ssh-ing to mafalda from there seemed to work.
Hopefully this having a terminal window open and running DMF will be a temporary solution, and we can get the compiled version to work again soon.