Jordan and I went in to retore the Vacuum System back to it's original state before the power loss on June 8, 2022. The process went smoothly as we first closed V7 and opened VM3 (in that order).
The RP1/3 line did not have the KF blank installed. That was added and the RP flex line was capped off.
[JC, Jordan, Paco, Chub]
We began with the pumpdown this morning. We started with the annulus volume and proceeded by using the following:
1. Isolate the RGA Volume by closing of valves VM3 and V7.
2. Opened valves VASE, VASV, VABSSCT, VABS, VABSSCO, VAEV, and VAEE, in that order.
3. Open VA6 to allow P3, FRG3, and PAN to equalize.
4. Turn on RP1 and RP3, rough out annulus volume, once <1 torr turn on TP3. Close V6. Open V5 to pump the annulus volume with TP3.
5. Re route pumping from RP1 and RP3 to the main volume by opening V3 and slowly opening RV1.
6. After ~3.5 hours the pressure in the arms was <500mtorr on both FRG1 and P1a. Turn on TP1 and wait to reach full speed 560 Hz
7. Open V1 with RV2 barely open. The pressure diff between P1a and P2/FRG2 needs to be below 1 torr. This took a couple attempts with the manual valve in different positions. The interlocks were tripped for this reason. Repeat step 7 until the manual gate valve was in a position that throttled pumping enough to maintain the <1 torr differential.
8. Slowly open the manual gate valve over the course of ~ 1 hour. Once the manual gate valve fully opened, pressure in the arms was <1mtorr.
9. V7 was closed, leaving only TP2 to back TP1, while TP3 was used to continue pumping the annuli. Left in that configuration overnight (see attached)
We did have to replace gauge PAN becuase it was reading a signal error. In addition, we found the cable is a bit sketchy and has a sharp bend. The signal comes in and out when the cable is fiddled with.