Started working on this. First created a git repo for tracking https://git.ligo.org/40m/susaux.git
I have looked through the folder to see what needs doing and I think I know what needs to be done for the final case by just following the same pattern for the other optics, which I am listing below
- Create database file for the BHD optics, say C1_SUS-AUX_LO1.db by copying another optic database file say C1_SUS-AUX_SRM. Then replace the optic name.
- Insert a new line "C1:SUS-LO1_LATCH_OFF" in the file autoBurt_watchdogs.req
- Populate the file autoBurt.req with the appropriate channels for LO1
- Populate the file C1SUSaux_post.sh with the corresponding commands for LO1
- Add the line dbLoadDatabase("/cvs/cds/caltech/target/c1susaux/C1_SUS-AUX_LO1.db") to the file C1SUSaux.cmd
For the temporary watchdog, we comment everything I have just talked about, and do only what come next.
My question is the following:
I understand that we need to use the OUT16 slow channel as a temporary watchdog since we don't currently have access to the slow channels bcos the Acromag units have not been installed. My guess from Koji's instructions is that we need to update the channels in the last two fields "INPA" and "INPB" below
field(DESC,"ANDs Enable with Watchdog")
field(INPA,"C1:SUS-LO1_UL_COMM PP NMS")
field(INPB,"C1:SUS-LO1_LATCH_OFF PP MS")
Suppose we replace the channel for INPA with C1:SUS-LO1_ULCOIL_OUT16, what about INPB. Is this even the right thing to do as I am just guessing here?