Also deleted the ~50GB error files from ldas to prevent rsync from copying them to nodus again. With the new update to GWsumm, there are new error messages that initially didn't seem to affect the summary pages functionality, but in the extreme case can populated the error files the repeated warnings on the form "Loading: FrSerData", "Loading: FrSerData::n4294967295", "Loading: FrSummary","Loading: FrSerDataLoading: FrSerData" and many more combinations until we get file sizes of the order of ~50GB. So I have updated the checkstatus script to parse the error files and strip out the majority of these error messages. Work is ongoing to get them all.
In light of these large files generation, I decided to look in the summary pages folder to see if there are other large files that we need to keep track of and it turns there are indeed a collection of files in the archive folder that bloats the summary pages on ldas to ~1TB. Luckily these are not synced to nodus so no problem here. However, since the beginning of the year, the archive folders that hold data used for each day's computation have not been cleared. We have a script for doing this but it has not been run for a while now and it only delete archive files for a specific month which is hardcoded to two months from the date the file is run. I have modified the code to allow archive deletion for a range of months so we can clear data from Jan to July.
We found the files that took excess space in the chiara filesystem (see Attachment 1). They were error files from the summary pages that were ~ 50 GB in size or so located under /home/cds/caltech/users/public_html/detcharsummary/logs/. We manually removed them and then copied the rest of the summary page contents into the main file system drive (this is to preserve the information backup before it gets deleted by the cron job at the end of today) and checked carefully to identify the actual issue for why these files were as large in the first place.
We then copied the /detcharsummary directory from /media/40mBackup into /home/cds to match the two disks.