This is my current understanding of the in-vacuum wiring:
2. From the above facts, the in-vacuum cable is
Accuglass has the DSUB25 F-F cable off-the-shelf. However, this cable mirrors the pinout (see the datasheet on the pdf in the following link)
3. The options are
- ask Accuglass to make a twisted version so that the pinout is not mirrored.
- combine Accuglass female-male cable (https://www.accuglassproducts.com/connector-connector-extension-cable-25-way-femalemale) and a gender changer (https://www.accuglassproducts.com/gender-adapter-25d)
4. The length will be routed from the feedthrough to the table via the stacks like a snake to be soft. So, it will require some extra length.
5. Also, the Accuglass cables don't have a flap and holes to fix the connector to a cable post (tower). If we use a conventional 40m-style DSUB25 post (D010194), it will be compatible with their cables. But this will not let us use a DSUB25 male connector to mate. In the future, the suspension will be upgraded and we will need an updated cable post that somehow holds the connectors without fastening the screws...