[Rana, Jamie, Jenne]
SPOB DC hasn't been so good lately, so we installed a new PO DC PD on the PO table. We used a 30% reflecting beam splitter (BS1-1064-30-1025-someotherstuff). We didn't check with a power meter that it's a 30% BS, but it seems like that's about right. The beamsplitter is as close as we could get to the shutter immediately in front of the regular POB/SPOB PD's, since that's where the beam gets narrow. The new picked-off-pickoff beam goes to a Thorlabs 100A PD. We haven't yet checked for reflected beams off the PD, but there is a spare razor blade beam dump on the table which can be used for this purpose. The output of this PD goes to the LSC rack via a BNC cable. (This BNC cable was appropriated from it's previous "use" connecting a photodiode from the AP table to a bit of air just next to the LSC rack.) Our new cable is now connected where the old SPOB DC cable used to be, at the input of a crazy Pomona Box tee.
For reference, the new levels of POB DC and SPOB DC, as measured by their BNC DC out connections is ~4mV each. Since the beamsplitter is 70% transmissive, we used to be getting about 5.7mV on each PD.
The new photodiode puts out about 40mV, but it has an ND1.0 filter on, so if more gain is needed, we can take it off to get more volts.