Here’s a quick summary of the Tip-Tilt Design updates (all files are in the dropbox in [TipTiltSus>TT_New]) that I have been working on with Koji and Steve's help.
1. Plate on top to hold mirror in place:
The plate is 0.5 mm thick. I did a rough FEA with 10 N force on the point of pressure on it, and it bent easily.
2. Weighted screw rod at the bottom for tilting the mirror-holder:
I did a very simplified free body analysis to calculate the required length of the rod to achieve a +/- 15 mRad tilt, and got around 1.5 inches.
3. Set-screws on both side of wire clamp to adjust its horizontal position:
1. Used the same screw size in most places to reduce complexity.
2. The mirror holder I have worked on is a little different from the actual piece I have on my table. Which one do you prefer (Koji)?