I think there might be a problem with the fact that the installation of the various components such as the .ini file and the Pylon software are in directories different from the ones Joe B. specifies in his paper.
Instead of modifying the paths in the code itself, I tried creating the paths to match the code-
Update in /ligo directory
/cds/caltech/c1/camera/L1-CAM-MC1.ini created and then I ran the camera_server.py from scripts/GigE/SnapPy as
./camera_server.py -c /ligo/cds/caltech/c1/camera/L1-CAM-MC1.ini
This prompted up the following on terminal-
finished loading settings from /ligo/cds/caltech/c1/camera/L1-CAM-MC1.ini and lists the settings in the configuration file.
However the gst.ElementNotFoundError: textoverlay still persists.
Probably I could try putting all files in exactly the same directories as specified in the document.
So with the file linked, the python program gets executed but then shows an error self.text= gst.elementfactory_make(“textoverlay”, “text0”)
The code reads-
Not sure what I am missing here.