To test the effect on EPICS latency, I've restarted daqd with modified ini files which disable all frame writing of 16Hz channels.
This happened at GPS:1131835955 aka Nov 17 2015 22:52:18 UTC
Last night, I started running a script written by Dave Barker that monitors a specified EPICS channel (in this case C1:IOO-MC_TRANS_SUM), to look for seconds in which it does not update the expected number of times. This is still running, so I will be able to compare the rate of EPICS slowdowns before and after this change.
I will revert back to the nominal state of things in a few hours, or until someone asks me to.