40m QIL Cryo_Lab CTN SUS_Lab TCS_Lab OMC_Lab CRIME_Lab FEA ENG_Labs OptContFac Mariner WBEEShop
  40m Log  Not logged in ELOG logo
Entry  Tue Jun 30 11:33:00 2015, Jamie, Summary, CDS, prepping for CDS upgrade 
    Reply  Wed Jul 1 19:16:21 2015, Jamie, Summary, CDS, CDS upgrade in progress 
       Reply  Tue Jul 7 18:27:54 2015, Jamie, Summary, CDS, CDS upgrade: progress! 2.9-RTS-OK.pngC1X04_GDS_TP.png
          Reply  Wed Jul 8 20:37:02 2015, Jamie, Summary, CDS, CDS upgrade: one step forward, two steps back 
             Reply  Wed Jul 8 21:02:02 2015, Jamie, Summary, CDS, CDS upgrade: another step forward, so we're back to where we started (plus a bit?) 
                Reply  Thu Jul 9 13:26:47 2015, Jamie, Summary, CDS, CDS upgrade: new mx 1.2.16 installed 
                   Reply  Thu Jul 9 16:50:13 2015, Jamie, Summary, CDS, CDS upgrade: if all else fails try throwing metal at the problem 
                      Reply  Mon Jul 13 01:11:14 2015, Jamie, Summary, CDS, CDS upgrade: current assessment 
                         Reply  Mon Jul 13 18:12:50 2015, Jamie, Summary, CDS, CDS upgrade: left running in semi-stable configuration 
                            Reply  Tue Jul 14 09:08:37 2015, Jamie, Summary, CDS, CDS upgrade: left running in semi-stable configuration 
                               Reply  Tue Jul 14 10:28:02 2015, ericq, Summary, CDS, CDS upgrade: left running in semi-stable configuration 
                                  Reply  Tue Jul 14 11:57:27 2015, jamie, Summary, CDS, CDS upgrade: left running in semi-stable configuration 
                            Reply  Tue Jul 14 16:51:01 2015, Jamie, Summary, CDS, CDS upgrade: problem is not disk access 
                               Reply  Wed Jul 15 13:19:14 2015, Jamie, Summary, CDS, CDS upgrade: reducing mx end-points as last ditch effort 
                                  Reply  Wed Jul 15 18:19:12 2015, Jamie, Summary, CDS, CDS upgrade: tentative stabilty? 
                                     Reply  Sat Jul 18 15:37:19 2015, Jamie, Summary, CDS, CDS upgrade: current status cds-good.pngsus-damped.png
Message ID: 11390     Entry time: Wed Jul 1 19:16:21 2015     In reply to: 11384     Reply to this: 11393
Author: Jamie 
Type: Summary 
Category: CDS 
Subject: CDS upgrade in progress 

The CDS upgrade is now underway

Here's what's happened so far:

  • Installed and linked in all the RTS supporting software packages in /opt/rtapps (only on front end machines and fb):
    controls@c1lsc ~ 2$ find /opt/rtapps/ -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type l -ls
    12582916    0 lrwxrwxrwx   1 controls 1001           12 Jul  1 13:16 /opt/rtapps/gds -> gds-2.16.3.2
    12603452    0 lrwxrwxrwx   1 controls 1001           10 Jul  1 13:17 /opt/rtapps/fftw -> fftw-3.3.2
    12603451    0 lrwxrwxrwx   1 controls 1001           15 Jul  1 13:16 /opt/rtapps/libframe -> libframe-8.17.2
    12603450    0 lrwxrwxrwx   1 controls 1001           13 Jul  1 13:16 /opt/rtapps/libmetaio -> libmetaio-8.2
    12582915    0 lrwxrwxrwx   1 controls 1001           34 Jul  1 15:24 /opt/rtapps/framecpp -> ldas-tools-1.19.32-p1/linux-x86_64
    12582914    0 lrwxrwxrwx   1 controls 1001           20 Jul  1 13:15 /opt/rtapps/epics -> epics-3.14.12.2_long
  • Checked out the RTS source for the version we'll be using: 2.9.4

/opt/rtcds/rtscore/tags/advLigoRTS-2.9.4

  • built and installed all of the RTS components:
    • mbuf
    • mx_stream
    • daqd
    • nds
    • awgtpman
       
  • mx_stream is not working. Unknown why. It won't start on the front end machines (only tested on c1lsc so far) with the following error:
    controls@c1lsc ~ 1$ /opt/rtcds/caltech/c1/target/fb/mx_stream -s c1x04 c1lsc c1ass c1oaf c1cal -d fb:0
    mmapped address is 0x7ff7b71a0000
    send len = 263596
    mx_connect failed Remote Endpoint is Closed
    controls@c1lsc ~ 1$
    
    Have contact Keith T. and Rolf B. for backup.  This is a blocker, since this is what ferries the data from the front ends.
     
  • Rebuilt almost all models.  This was good.  Initially nothing would compile because of IPC creation errors, so I moved the old chans/ipc/C1.ipc file out of the way and generated a new one and then everything compiled (of course senders have to be compiled before receivers).
    I only had to fix a couple of things in the models themselves:
    • c1ioo - unterminated FiltCtrl inputs
    • C1_SUS_SINGLE_CONTROL - unterminated FiltCtrl inputs
    • c1oaf - bad part named "STATIC". There is some hacky namespace stuff going on in the RCG. I was able to just explode that part and it now works.
    • c1lsc - unterminated FiltCtrl inputs
    Haven't installed or tried to run anything yet, but the fact they compile is good.
    Some models are not compiling because they have C code in src blocks that are throwing errors:
    • c1lsc
    • c1cal
    It shouldn't be too hard to fix whatever is causing those compile errors.

That's it for today.  Will pick up again first thing tomorrow

ELOG V3.1.3-