Today, I installed the Wilcoxon accelerometers in the table near the end of the mode cleaner. I only set three of them up instead of all six. They were set up just as Rana suggeted we should have them properly set up, i.e. cables being tighten up, and a box on top to prevent any airflow introducing any disturbances. We are planning on running the huddle test on these guys once the upgrade? to the interferometer is done.
The cables were tightly clamped to the table as shown below, I used a thick piece of shock absorbing rubber to do this.
A small piece of thin rubber was used to hold each of the accelerometers tightly to the table in order not to damage them.
We had to borrow Megan's and Kate's piece of black foam in order to seal one of the sides properly, as the cable had to come out through somewhere. We didn't want to mess with drilling any holes into the box!
There was a small crack even after using the foam. I sealed it up with duck tape.
The box isn't perfect, so there were multiple cracks along the bottom and top of it that could potentially allow for air to flow to the inside. Eric suggested that we should be super careful this time and do it right, so every crack was sealed up with ducktape.
Finally, we needed something heavy to be placed on top of the box to hold everything well. We used Rana's baby to accomplish this goal.
Just kidding! Rana's baby is too delicate for our purposes. A layman box of heavy cables was used instead.