To make the latest cdsutils available in the control room, we've done the following:
Upgrade pianosa to Ubuntu 12 (cdsutils depends on python2.7, not found in the previous release)
- Enable distribution upgrades in the Ubuntu Software Center prefs
- Check for updates in the Update Manager and click the big "Upgrade" button
Note that rossa remains on Ubuntu 10 for now.
Upgrade cdsutils to r260
- Instructions here
- cdsutils-238 was left as the default pointed to by the cdsutils symlink, for rossa's sake
Built and installed the nds2-client (a cdsutils dependency)
- Checked out the source tree from svn into /ligo/svncommon/nds2
- Built tags/nds2_client_0_10_5 (install instructions are here; build dependencies were installed by apt-get on chiara)
- ./configure --prefix=/ligo/apps/ubuntu12/nds2-client-0.10.5; make; make install
- In /ligo/apps/ubuntu12: ln -s nds2-client-0.10.5 nds2-client
nds2-client was apparently installed locally as a deb in the past, but the version in lscsoft seems broken currently (unknown symbols?). We should revisit this.
Built and installed pyepics (a cdsutils dependency)
- Download link to ~/src on chiara
- python setup.py build; python setup.py install --prefix=/ligo/apps/ubuntu12/pyepics-3.2.3
- In /ligo/apps/ubuntu12: ln -s pyepics-3.2.3 pyepics
pyepics was also installed as deb before; should revisit when Jamie gets back.
Added the gqrx ppa and installed gnuradio (dependency of the waterfall plotter)
Added a test in /ligo/apps/ligoapps-user-env.sh to load the new cdsutils only on Ubuntu 12.
The end result:
controls@chiara|~ > z
Advanced LIGO Control Room Utilites
read read EPICS channel value
write write EPICS channel value
switch switch buttons in standard LIGO filter module
avg average one or more NDS channels for a specified amount of seconds
servo servos channel with a simple integrator (pole at zero)
trigservo servos channel with a simple integrator (pole at zero)
audio Play channel as audio stream.
dv Plot time series of channels from NDS.
water Live waterfall plotter for LIGO data
version print version info and exit
help this help
Add '-h' after individual commands for command help.