Zach and Giordon went to the 40m yesterday afternoon and rounded up a whole slew of parts. These include:
8 items/parts total.
We went back over to the lab in Bridge and took out the parts. There is a laser set-up in there at around 633nm and so we did the following:
Our conclusion of what's wrong is unknown. Some possible ideas include the laser is not "fixed" (it changes polarizations, it's continuously rotating, etc...). Further testing will be done Friday morning to determine whether the wave plates are not working the way we expect them to or if the laser is the issue.
An updated version of the Experimental Set up with more details will be added after Friday's conclusion.