The OMC cavity was locked. The alignment was precisely adjusted. The mode matching was optimized by the lens positions. The reflection during the lock is ~0.01 compared to the full reflection on non-resonance, meaning the mode matching is ~99%. The error signal was maximized (i.e. demod pahse was adjusted) by sweeping the modulation frequency. Note that the EOM is broad band. The modulation freq chosen today was 34.6MHz.
- The error signal has not been preamplified at all yet. Because of this, the reflection is very much sensitive to the input offset.
- The OMC needs wind shield to prevent from the noise caused by air turbulance.
- The laser PZT was actuated via the Thorlabs HV amp. Otherwise, the thermal path needs to be configured.
- One of the CCD monitor is dead. Needs more replacement.
- All the electronics should be moved to the rack. This required long BNC and SMA cables.
- The optical table needs cleaning.