1) Goto http://localhost:631/
2) Click on "Add Printer"
3) Choose HP JetDirect
4) Use the correct address (socket://220.127.116.11:9100)
5) Choose HP and the 5550 postscript driver as the options
6) Try to only print useful stuff and not kill too many trees.
gcc -L/usr/lib/ -ldl -lresolv -lm -ldl -lnsl -lsocket elogd.c -o elogd
i.e. ------ ~ f
AuthName "LVC password"
- Use LEDs of a wavelength that the OSEMs don't see. LEDs are also cool so that the
Suspension won't drift in alignment.
- Use 2 power supplies so that the power is balanced.
- Make is +/-12 V twisted AWG 14 wire so that the EMI is contained. Should also
be shielded cable.
I think I solved the problem (as you can probably see).
The cause was that this WYSIWYG interface for HTML is provided by an independent text editor called FCKeditor which is included in the elog. Although the elog installer has a bug and does not unzip properly the relative package. One has to do it by hand. (going to /elog/scripts/ and unzipping fckeditor.zip by hand in the same directory).
As a reference. The elog runs on background in nodus.
To kill the process:
1) pkill -3 elogd
2) rm -f /var/run/elogd.pid
To restart it:
elogd -p 8080 -c /export/elog/elog-2.7.5/elogd.cfg -D
During the cleanup of the lab. Steve found a box with two BNCs going to the ICS DAQ interface and an unconnected D-SUB on the floor under the AP table. It seemed like a temperature sensor.
The BNCs were connected to C1:PEM-OSA_APTEMP and C1:PEM-OSA_SPTEMP.
Steve removed the box from the floor. These channels can be now used as spare DAQ channels. I labeled those cables.
So after having broke Allegra by updating the kernel, I was able to get it running again by copying the xorg.conf.backup file over xorg.conf in /etc/X11. So at this point in time, Allegra is running with generic video drivers, as opposed to the ATI specific and proprietary drivers.
I added a PA current limiter.
It is only a voltage devider (composed with 3.09k and 1.02k resiste) between DAC and PA current adjustment input.
The output range of DAC is +/- 10[V] and the conversion factor of PA current adjustment is 0.84[A/V] (measured value), so the PA current adjustment is limited +/- 2.1[A] ( 10[V]*1.02k/(1.02k+3.09k)*0.84[A/V] ).
Actually, the manual of the PA tells that the conversion factor is 0.25[A/V].
There is 3 possibility.
1) There are some mistakes in channels of digital system.
2) The PA manual is wrong.
2-1) The conversion factor of current adjustment is wrong.
2-2) The conversion factor of current monitor is wrong.
I measured the signal of current adjustment and current monitor directly, and confirm that they are consistent to the value monitord from MEDM.
Hence the PA manual must be wrong, but I don't know which factor is wrong (or both?).
If the suspect 2-2) is guilty, it means we adjust PA current with very small range.
This is a completly safety way, but a wast of resource.
Now, the slider to control current adjustment indicate the output of DAC.
I will improve this to indicate current adjustment input, but it takes some time for me to learn about EPICS.
I have been getting ready for the annual safety inspection in the past 2-3 days.
c1susvme1 is behaving weirdly. I've restarted it several times but its computation time is hanging out around 260 usec, making it useless for suspension control and locking. I also found a PS/2 keyboard plugged in, which doesn't work, so I unplugged it. It needs to be plugged into a PS/2 keyboard/mouse Y-splitter cable.
I've setup the GC650 camera (ID 32223) to look at the mode cleaner transmission. I've also added an alias to the camera server and client for this camera.
To use, type: "pserv1 &"on the machine you want to run the server on and "pcam1 &" on the machine you want to actually view the video. At the moment, this only works for the 64-bit Centos 5 machines, Rosalba, Allegra and Ottavia.
Note, you will generally want to start the client first (pcam1 or pcam2) to see if a server is already running somewhere. The server will complain that it can't connect to a camera if it already is in use.
I've setup the GC750 camera (ID 44026) to look at the the right most analog quad TV. This can be run by using "pserv2 &" and "pcam2 &".
If the image stops playing you can try starting and stoping the server to see if will start back up.
You can also try increasing or decreasing the exposure, to see if that helps. The increase and decrease buttons change the exposure by a factor of 2 for each press.
Lastly, the button "Read Epic Channel" reads in the current value from the channel: "C1:PEM-stacis_EEEX_geo" and uses it as the exposure value, in microseconds (in principle 10 to 1000000 should work).
For example, to exposre for 10000 microseconds, use "ezcawrite C1:PEM-stacis_EEEX_geo 10000" and press the "Read Epic Channel" button.