40m QIL Cryo_Lab CTN SUS_Lab TCS_Lab OMC_Lab CRIME_Lab FEA ENG_Labs OptContFac Mariner WBEEShop
  40m Log, Page 324 of 341  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Author Type Categoryup Subject
  9506   Fri Dec 20 20:04:01 2013 SteveUpdateVACpower supply replaced with a short vent

Quote:

Quote:

Instrument rack power supplies checked and labeled at present loads.

The vacuum rack Sorensen is running HOT! Their is only 0.3A load at 24V There is plenty of space around it.

It is alarming to me because all vacuum valve positions are controlled by this 24V

 The temperature went down to room temp with temporary fan in the back. Voltage and current are stable.

Regardless, it will be replaced early next week.

Koji, Steve

 It was a bad experience again with our vacuum system.  The valves went crazy as we rebooted the computer. This was required for the swap in of a good 24V power supply.

The IFO was vented to 27 Torr through the annuloses, VA6, V7, Maglev,VM2 and VM1 (VC2 was open too)

I just opened the PSL shutter after a 4 hours pumpdown.

Condition: annuloses are not pumped, the IFO and the RGA are pumped as Atm2 shows

I will be here tomorrow morning to switch over to vacuum normal. 

More details later

 

 

Attachment 1: 4hrPumpdown.png
4hrPumpdown.png
Attachment 2: pumpdownAfterHickup.png
pumpdownAfterHickup.png
Attachment 3: PSpumpdown.png
PSpumpdown.png
  9508   Fri Dec 20 23:00:41 2013 KojiUpdateVACpower supply replaced with a short vent

I'm leaving the 40m now. IFO is aligned. Everything look good.

- The main volume P1=5e-4, CC1=1.4e-5 is still pumped by TP1 and TP2

- RGA P4<0e-4, CC4 2.1e-7, is pumped by TP3

- The annuluses are isolated.

- RP1/2/3 are off.

  9510   Sat Dec 21 10:53:35 2013 SteveUpdateVACpower supply replaced with a short vent-pumpdown completed

The recovery- pumpdown reached valve configuration  vacuum normal at 20 hours, cc1 7.7e-6 Torr

Lesson learned: turn all pumps off, close all valves before you reboot ! like you would prepare for AC power shut down.

 

Attachment 1: 20hrsVacNormal.png
20hrsVacNormal.png
  9514   Thu Jan 2 10:50:24 2014 SteveUpdateVAC vacuum monitor is still blank

 The date is correct on this monitor.

Last stored RGA scan data Dec 20, 2013

IFO pressure at CC1 5.8e-6 Torr

Valve configuration: Vacuum Normal, confirmable only by manual checking of position indicators and pressure gauge controllers  readouts

 

Attachment 1: Help.png
Help.png
Attachment 2: vacation.png
vacation.png
Attachment 3: 20131220lastRGAscan.png
20131220lastRGAscan.png
  9515   Thu Jan 2 13:35:06 2014 KojiUpdateVAC vacuum monitor is still blank

We probably need to restart the machine, but I didn't want to touch c1vac1 and c1vac2. 

  9516   Fri Jan 3 11:18:41 2014 SteveSummaryVACpower supply replaced with a short vent

Quote:

Quote:

 

 The temperature went down to room temp with temporary fan in the back. Voltage and current are stable.

Regardless, it will be replaced early next week.

Koji, Steve

 It was a bad experience again with our vacuum system.  The valves went crazy as we rebooted the computer. This was required for the swap in of a good 24V power supply.

The IFO was vented to 27 Torr through the annuloses, VA6, V7, Maglev,VM2 and VM1 (VC2 was open too)

I just opened the PSL shutter after a 4 hours pumpdown.

Condition: annuloses are not pumped, the IFO and the RGA are pumped as Atm2 shows

I will be here tomorrow morning to switch over to vacuum normal. 

More details later

 

 

 Events of the power supply swap:

1, Tested 24V DC ps from Todd

2, Closed V1, VM1 and all annulos valves to create safety net for the reboot. Turbo pumps left on running.

3, Turned computer off

4, Swap power supplies and turned it on

5, Turning the power on of c1vac2 created caos switching of valves. This resulted in a air vent as shown below.

6, VM1 was jammed and it was unable to close. The IOO beam shutter closed and the IFO was venting with air for a few minutes. Maglev did an emergency shut down. TP2's V4 and TP3' V5 closed. RP1 and RP3                           roughing         pumps turned on, their hose was not connected as usual. The RGA shut down to protect itself.

7, Closed annulos valves, stoped the vent at P1 27 torr as the vacuum control was  manually recovered

8, The Maglev and the annuloses were roughed out 500 mtorr . The Maglev was restarted.

9, The IFO pump down followed std procedure from 27 torr. VM1 was moving again as the pressure differential was removed from it.

 

 Remember: next time at atm .....rough down the cryo volume from 27 torr !

Attachment 1: rebootVENT.png
rebootVENT.png
  9550   Mon Jan 13 16:50:55 2014 SteveUpdateVACMaglev controller needs service

Quote:

 The date is correct on this monitor.

Last stored RGA scan data Dec 20, 2013

IFO pressure at CC1 5.8e-6 Torr

Valve configuration: Vacuum Normal, confirmable only by manual checking of position indicators and pressure gauge controllers  readouts

 

 The Osaka TG390MCAB maglev turbo pump's controller TC010M has passed the 40,000 hrs of operation. This triggered the " alarm" LED  warning light to come on. 

It is normal maintenance.  Maglev TP-1 is running perfectly.  Osaka will send us a loaner-controller that we can use while they do the std maintenance.

I'm thinking of ~ February to do this.

  9562   Tue Jan 21 17:26:59 2014 JenneSummaryVACRebooted RGA computer and reset RGA settings

[Jenne, Steve]

Steve noticed that the RGA was not logging data and that not all the correct connection lights were on, and he wasn't able to run the "RGAset.py" script (in ...../scripts/RGA/) that sets up the proper parameters. 

I looked, and the computer was not mounting the file system.  I did a remote shutdown, then Steve went in and pushed the power button to turn the machine back on.  After it booted up, it was able to talk to the file system, so I started ..../scripts/RGA/RGAset.py .  The first 2 times I ran the script, it reported errors, but the 3rd time, it reported no communication errors.  So, now that the computer can again talk to the file system, it should be able to run the cronjob, which is set to take data at 4am every day.  Steve will check in the morning to confirm that the data is there.  (The last data that's logged is 22Dec2013, 4am, which is right around when Koji reported and then fixed the file system).

 

 

  9565   Wed Jan 22 15:24:11 2014 SteveSummaryVACRga scan after reboot

Quote:

[Jenne, Steve]

Steve noticed that the RGA was not logging data and that not all the correct connection lights were on, and he wasn't able to run the "RGAset.py" script (in ...../scripts/RGA/) that sets up the proper parameters. 

I looked, and the computer was not mounting the file system.  I did a remote shutdown, then Steve went in and pushed the power button to turn the machine back on.  After it booted up, it was able to talk to the file system, so I started ..../scripts/RGA/RGAset.py .  The first 2 times I ran the script, it reported errors, but the 3rd time, it reported no communication errors.  So, now that the computer can again talk to the file system, it should be able to run the cronjob, which is set to take data at 4am every day.  Steve will check in the morning to confirm that the data is there.  (The last data that's logged is 22Dec2013, 4am, which is right around when Koji reported and then fixed the file system).

 

 

 We are venting tomorrow. This give us an opportunity to fix sick vacuum controller computer. Jamie volunteered.

Remember to rough down cryo and ion pump volumes. Their pressure can be at 1 Torr range after years of accumulated outgassing.  Without total valve controls it is dangerous to have these air pockets. Some of their  gate valves can be leaking and that would explane the slower pumpdown speed. 

 

Attachment 1: Rgascan169dwarmingup.png
Rgascan169dwarmingup.png
Attachment 2: BlankMedmMustBeFixed.png
BlankMedmMustBeFixed.png
  9570   Thu Jan 23 08:04:04 2014 SteveUpdateVACvacuum control screen is blank

 

There is BLANK VacControl_BAK.adl screen only. 

I can move a valve by disconnecting it's  solenoid power if it's position is normally open.

I will close V1 and check computer cable connections and move on with manual - hand disconnect ea valve to be moved into the right position for vent. Valve positions will be confirmed by looking manual indicators on valves.

Attachment 1: pd76m170d2dRgaOn.png
pd76m170d2dRgaOn.png
  9571   Thu Jan 23 13:23:10 2014 SteveUpdateVAC40m IFO is at atmosphere

Quote:

 

There is BLANK VacControl_BAK.adl screen only. 

I can move a valve by disconnecting it's  solenoid power if it's position is normally open.

I will close V1 and check computer cable connections and move on with manual - hand disconnect ea valve to be moved into the right position for vent. Valve positions will be confirmed by looking manual indicators on valves.

 The 40m vacuum envelope vent is completed with instrument grade air.

Valve configuration: chamber open, RGA is pumped through VM3 by TP3,

  9576   Mon Jan 27 09:08:00 2014 SteveUpdateVAC4 days at atmosphere

 

 

Attachment 1: day4atm.png
day4atm.png
Attachment 2: vent76bgTp3d4.png
vent76bgTp3d4.png
  9581   Tue Jan 28 11:13:50 2014 KojiUpdateVAC vacuum monitor is still blank

[Steve Koji]

We pushed the reset button of c1vac1 and c1vac2 and the vacuum screen is back.

First, we pushed the reset button of c1vac1 and pushed the one on c1vac2.
This did not bring c1vac2 up. We pushed the reset of c1vac2 again and now everything of the vacuum screen is back.

  9582   Tue Jan 28 16:26:40 2014 SteveUpdateVAC vacuum computers are back without safety

Quote:

[Steve Koji]

We pushed the reset button of c1vac1 and c1vac2 and the vacuum screen is back.

First, we pushed the reset button of c1vac1 and pushed the one on c1vac2.
This did not bring c1vac2 up. We pushed the reset of c1vac2 again and now everything of the vacuum screen is back.

 1, Reset works

 2, Default values are lost. They actually reversed into open and turn on everything when power recycle c1vac1, c1vac2 or 24V dc power supply. This can vent the IFO in an event of power failure!

      It's may be the time to go back to an isolated, vacuum controller only computer.

 

The present valve configuration at Atm1

a, all annuloses are vented

b, valve cables disconnected at: VC1 and 4 IP gate valves

c, the RGA is off and it is pumped by the Maglev through VM2

d, cryo pump is being roughed with TP3  It's outgassing rate was 25 mTorr / min

e, Roughing hose is disconnected

Attachment 1: c1vac1_vac2areback.png
c1vac1_vac2areback.png
  9599   Wed Feb 5 08:14:59 2014 SteveUpdateVAC vacuum computers are back without safety

Quote:

 

 1, Reset works

 2, Default values are lost. They actually reversed into open and turn on everything when power recycle c1vac1, c1vac2 or 24V dc power supply. This can vent the IFO in an event of power failure!

      It's may be the time to go back to an isolated, vacuum controller only computer.

 

The present valve configuration at Atm1

a, all annuloses are vented

b, valve cables disconnected at: VC1 and 4 IP gate valves

c, the RGA is off and it is pumped by the Maglev through VM2

d, cryo pump is being roughed with TP3  It's outgassing rate was 25 mTorr / min

e, Roughing hose is disconnected

 Vacuum checks before pump down:

1, check intermittent contact issue in black relay box

2, reconnect cable to ion pumps and vent them to atm before pump down

3, repeat power shutdown-reboot at atmosphere

  9604   Wed Feb 5 19:36:50 2014 SteveUpdateVACpumpdown at 25 Torr

Quote:

[Steve, Manasa]

I checked the alignment one last time. The arms locked, PRM aligned, oplevs centered.

We went ahead and put the heavy doors ON. Steve is pumping down now!

 The ion pumps were vented just before pumpdown and their gate valves were opened.

This is an effort to minimize a possible leak through their gates.

Is there a volunteer who goes home late and would close off the roughing? tonight

Attachment 1: pd77at3.5h.png
pd77at3.5h.png
  9605   Wed Feb 5 19:53:51 2014 SteveUpdateVACpumpdown stops for the day at 14 Torr

 

 

Attachment 1: stopHere.png
stopHere.png
  9607   Thu Feb 6 11:14:07 2014 SteveUpdateVACpumpdown completed

 Pumpdown completed. IR shutter opened at P1 1 mTorr  The block is still in the beam path.

Remember to protect MCR pd before crack up the PSL power.

The ion pump gate valves were just closed by cc1 triggered interlock

The cry pump was "regenerated" during the vent and it's outgassing rate minimized.

CC3 cold cathode gauge was replaced.

 

Valve configuration for week end:

1, VA6 disconnected to avoid accidental venting the IFO through the annulos

2, VC2 disconnected to insure that the cryo stays closed

3, RGA is not running, It's pressure limit 1e-5 Torr

 

Attachment 1: pd77.png
pd77.png
  9615   Mon Feb 10 09:45:53 2014 SteveUpdateVACvacuum normal is reached

 

Quote:

 Pumpdown completed. IR shutter opened at P1 1 mTorr  The block is still in the beam path.

Remember to protect MCR pd before crack up the PSL power.

The ion pump gate valves were just closed by cc1 triggered interlock

The cry pump was "regenerated" during the vent and it's outgassing rate minimized.

CC3 cold cathode gauge was replaced.

 

Valve configuration for week end:

1, VA6 disconnected to avoid accidental venting the IFO through the annulos

2, VC2 disconnected to insure that the cryo stays closed

3, RGA is not running, It's pressure limit 1e-5 Torr

 

 Valve configuration:       Vacuum Normal    is reached in really 4 days if we do not count overnight rest of roughing.

 VA6 and VC2 are reconnected. I'm turning on the RGA next

 

 All 4 ion pumps were vented with air and pumped down to ~ 1e-4 Torr

 Ion pumps gate valve control cables are connected and their pumps are disconnected.

 

 The black relay box was tested repeatedly and it stopped misbehaiving.

We were at atmosphere for 13 days.  Chamber BS, ITMX, ITMY and ETMY were opened.

Al foil "cups" were placed on the back side OSEMs of PRM.

Attachment 1: pd77m5d.png
pd77m5d.png
Attachment 2: 13daysAtm.png
13daysAtm.png
  9622   Tue Feb 11 10:44:15 2014 SteveUpdateVACRGA scan at day 6

 

 

Attachment 1: pd77m6d.png
pd77m6d.png
  9644   Tue Feb 18 10:38:55 2014 SteveUpdateVACRGA scan at day 13

 All normal.

 

Attachment 1: pd77m13d.png
pd77m13d.png
Attachment 2: RGAscan13d.png
RGAscan13d.png
  9703   Fri Mar 7 16:13:03 2014 SteveUpdateVACpumping speed is recovered

Quote:

 

 

 Valve configuration:       Vacuum Normal    is reached in really 4 days if we do not count overnight rest of roughing.

 VA6 and VC2 are reconnected. I'm turning on the RGA next

 

 All 4 ion pumps were vented with air and pumped down to ~ 1e-4 Torr

 Ion pumps gate valve control cables are connected and their pumps are disconnected.

 

 The black relay box was tested repeatedly and it stopped misbehaiving.

We were at atmosphere for 13 days.  Chamber BS, ITMX, ITMY and ETMY were opened.

Al foil "cups" were placed on the back side OSEMs of PRM.

Pd 76 and 77 are compared at 30 days of pumping. We spend 13-14 days at atmosphere  before each.

 Pump down 76 was with leaky ion pump gate valve. The ion pumps are not in use for years so they accumulated some higher pressure  PLUS the valve switching caos at computer reboot most likely

increased the ion pumps pressures to about 10-20 torr

I think one of the ion pump gate valve was not sealing well. This leak was holding back pump down speed at pd76

Attachment 1: pumpingSpeed.png
pumpingSpeed.png
  9723   Wed Mar 12 08:40:42 2014 SteveUpdateVACRGA scan at day 35

 

 

Attachment 1: pd77m35d.png
pd77m35d.png
  9745   Mon Mar 24 10:41:46 2014 SteveUpdateVACRGA scan at day 50

 

 

Attachment 1: pd77m50dRGA.png
pd77m50dRGA.png
  9746   Mon Mar 24 19:42:12 2014 CharlesFrogsVACPower Failure

 The 40m experienced a building-wide power failure for ~30 seconds at ~7:38 pm today.

Thought that might be important...

  9749   Tue Mar 25 14:52:57 2014 steveUpdateVACvacuum is recovered

 Out gassing plus leak rate   0.15  mTorr / hour

 The pressure rose to 2.5 mTorr in 17 hours

 V1 was opened at 1:56pm

 VM2 opened at 2:10 so the RGA region is back to 1e-5 torr

 

Attachment 1: 17hrsNoPumping.png
17hrsNoPumping.png
  9757   Fri Mar 28 16:26:20 2014 steveUpdateVACRGA scan after power failure

Quote:

 Out gassing plus leak rate   0.15  mTorr / hour

 The pressure rose to 2.5 mTorr in 17 hours

 V1 was opened at 1:56pm

 VM2 opened at 2:10 so the RGA region is back to 1e-5 torr

 

 

Attachment 1: afterPowerFailure.png
afterPowerFailure.png
  9776   Wed Apr 2 16:34:15 2014 SteveUpdateVACMaglev controller needs service

Quote:

Quote:

 The date is correct on this monitor.

Last stored RGA scan data Dec 20, 2013

IFO pressure at CC1 5.8e-6 Torr

Valve configuration: Vacuum Normal, confirmable only by manual checking of position indicators and pressure gauge controllers  readouts

 

 The Osaka TG390MCAB maglev turbo pump's controller TC010M has passed the 40,000 hrs of operation. This triggered the " alarm" LED  warning light to come on. 

It is normal maintenance.  Maglev TP-1 is running perfectly.  Osaka will send us a loaner-controller that we can use while they do the std maintenance.

I'm thinking of ~ February to do this.

 We just received the loaner controller that will be swapped in it tomorrow morning.

The vacuum pressure will rise somewhat during this action.

  9782   Thu Apr 3 17:05:52 2014 SteveUpdateVACMaglev controller swapped

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

 The date is correct on this monitor.

Last stored RGA scan data Dec 20, 2013

IFO pressure at CC1 5.8e-6 Torr

Valve configuration: Vacuum Normal, confirmable only by manual checking of position indicators and pressure gauge controllers  readouts

 

 The Osaka TG390MCAB maglev turbo pump's controller TC010M has passed the 40,000 hrs of operation. This triggered the " alarm" LED  warning light to come on. 

It is normal maintenance.  Maglev TP-1 is running perfectly.  Osaka will send us a loaner-controller that we can use while they do the std maintenance.

I'm thinking of ~ February to do this.

 We just received the loaner controller that will be swapped in it tomorrow morning.

The vacuum pressure will rise somewhat during this action.

 The loaner controller is swapped in. It has  520 Hz rotation speed.  This speed use to be 680 Hz with our old one.

Attachment 1: loanerControllerIn.png
loanerControllerIn.png
  9795   Thu Apr 10 16:09:29 2014 SteveUpdateVACRGA scan at 75% pumping speed

Quote:

 

 The loaner controller is swapped in. It has  520 Hz rotation speed.  This speed use to be 680 Hz with our old one.

 

Attachment 1: 520HzpumpingSpeed.png
520HzpumpingSpeed.png
  9834   Mon Apr 21 10:14:00 2014 SteveUpdateVACMaglev controller serviced

Quote:

 

 The loaner controller is swapped in. It has  520 Hz rotation speed.  This speed use to be 680 Hz with our old one.

 The  Maglev controller was serviced at Osaka Vacuum. It was swapped in this morning.

Attachment 1: ourControllerBack560Hz.png
ourControllerBack560Hz.png
  9876   Tue Apr 29 16:42:29 2014 SteveUpdateVACTP2 drypump replaced

Quote:

 

 TP2's fore line - dry pump replaced at performance level 600 mTorr after 10,377 hrs of continuous operation.

Where are the foreline pressure gauges? These values are not on the vac.medm screen.

The new tip seal dry pump lowered the small turbo foreline pressure 10x

TP2fl after 2 day of pumping 65mTorr

 TP2 dry pump replaced at fore pump pressure 1 Torr,  TP2 50K_rpm 0.34A

 Top seal life 6,362 hrs

 New seal performance at 1 hr  36 mTorr, 

 Maglev at 560 Hz, cc1 6e-6 Torr

 

Attachment 1: dryforepumpreplaced.png
dryforepumpreplaced.png
  9994   Tue May 27 11:00:43 2014 SteveUpdateVACRGA scan at day 111

 

 Rga scan at pump down 77, vacuum normal valve configuration, maglev rotation 560 Hz and day 111

Attachment 1: pd77d111RGA.png
pd77d111RGA.png
  10112   Mon Jun 30 10:06:39 2014 SteveUpdateVAClow on pneumatic pressure of vacuum valves

This morning valve condition: V1, VM1, V4 and V5 valves were closed. IFO pressure rose to 1.3 mTorr

It was caused by low N2 pressure.  Our vacuum valves are moved-controlled by 60-70 PSI of nitrogen.

When this supply drops below 50-60 PSI the interlock closes V1 valve. This is the minimum pressure required to move the large valves.

It is our responsibility to check the N2 cylinder pressure supply.

The vacuum valve configuration is back to VAC. NORMAL,  CC1  4.8E-6 Torr

 

PS: Bob says that the second cylinder was full this morning, but the auto-switch over did not happen.

Attachment 1: runoutofN2.png
runoutofN2.png
Attachment 2: lowN2.png
lowN2.png
Attachment 3: N2d100.png
N2d100.png
  10120   Wed Jul 2 11:47:26 2014 SteveUpdateVACbroken changeover regulator of N2 supply

Quote:

This morning valve condition: V1, VM1, V4 and V5 valves were closed. IFO pressure rose to 1.3 mTorr

It was caused by low N2 pressure.  Our vacuum valves are moved-controlled by 60-70 PSI of nitrogen.

When this supply drops below 50-60 PSI the interlock closes V1 valve. This is the minimum pressure required to move the large valves.

It is our responsibility to check the N2 cylinder pressure supply.

The vacuum valve configuration is back to VAC. NORMAL,  CC1  4.8E-6 Torr

 

PS: Bob says that the second cylinder was full this morning, but the auto-switch over did not happen.

 The TESCOM automatic changeover regulator  [ model ACS 012-1011 ] manifold is most likely  clogged. The new one will arrive 8-8-2014

This means that the IFO pressure may go up to a few mTorr when we change cylinder or V1 valve triggered because there is no nitrogen supply.

  10245   Mon Jul 21 10:51:06 2014 SteveUpdateVACN2 supply run out

Interlock closed valve V1, V4, V5 and VM1 when the nitrogen supply run out. The IFO pressure rose to P1 1 mTorr

In order to recover Vacuum Normal valve configuration I did the following:

Replaced both nitrogen cylinders. Confirmed pneumatic nitrogen pressure 70 PSI.   Opened valves V4 and V5

At P2 < 1 mTorr, Maglev rotation 560 Hz , V1 was opened.

VM1 was opened when CC1 pressure dropped below < 1e-5 torr

 

Please  take a look at the N2 cylinders pressure on Friday to insure that there is enough for the week end.

The daily consumption is 600-700 PSI

Attachment 1: outofN2.png
outofN2.png
  10419   Thu Aug 21 15:07:48 2014 SteveUpdateVACRGA scan at day 197

 

 

Attachment 1: RGAscan@d197.png
RGAscan@d197.png
  10524   Mon Sep 22 15:20:32 2014 SteveUpdateVACRGA scan at day 229

 

 

Attachment 1: RGA@229day.png
RGA@229day.png
Attachment 2: RGAscan229d.png
RGAscan229d.png
  10530   Wed Sep 24 08:40:29 2014 SteveUpdateVACVent has started

 

 Jam nuts checked. Oplev servos turned off. Particle count checked. Vertex crane functionality checked.

Attachment 1: vent77.png
vent77.png
Attachment 2: bvent77.png
bvent77.png
  10532   Wed Sep 24 13:28:48 2014 SteveUpdateVACvent is completed

 The vent is completed. ITMX was kicked up accidentally. Valve configuration: chamber open, RGA is pumped through VM2  Maglev

Attachment 1: ventiscompleted.png
ventiscompleted.png
Attachment 2: atAtm.png
atAtm.png
  10533   Wed Sep 24 16:02:58 2014 JenneUpdateVACvent is completed

[Steve, EricQ, Jenne]

ITMY and BS heavy doors are off, light doors are on.  Q is aligning the IFO.

  10536   Thu Sep 25 08:21:15 2014 SteveUpdateVACvent day 1

Quote:

[Steve, EricQ, Jenne]

ITMY and BS heavy doors are off, light doors are on.  Q is aligning the IFO.

 

Attachment 1: ventDay1.png
ventDay1.png
  10547   Mon Sep 29 09:11:25 2014 SteveUpdateVACvent day 5 RGA scan

 

 

Attachment 1: v77_bg-mag-d5.png
v77_bg-mag-d5.png
  10548   Mon Sep 29 10:29:25 2014 SteveUpdateVACRGA is not running

 

 The RGA time stamp was correct last at 20140527

 

  Rga stopped scanning at 20140530

Attachment 1: rgascanTimeStamp.png
rgascanTimeStamp.png
  10553   Tue Sep 30 16:18:57 2014 SteveUpdateVACpump down #78 has started

 

Q checked the earth quake stops of SRM and we put the ITMY & BS doors on. 

Attachment 1: pd78hastarted.png
pd78hastarted.png
  10555   Tue Sep 30 18:02:53 2014 SteveUpdateVACpump down #78 stops at 320 Torr

 

We  stopped pumping just short of 3 hours at 320 Torr.  Pumping speed was 2.7 Torr / min with partially closed RV1 and butterfly valve/

RP1&3 roughing pump hose is disconnected. Butterfly valve removed. The vac envelope is closed. 

Attachment 1: 3h.png
3h.png
  10556   Wed Oct 1 10:21:19 2014 SteveUpdateVACpump down #78 stops at 3.5 Torr

Quote:

 

We  stopped pumping just short of 3 hours at 320 Torr.  Pumping speed was 2.7 Torr / min with partially closed RV1 and butterfly valve/

RP1&3 roughing pump hose is disconnected. Butterfly valve removed. The vac envelope is closed. 

 This is our second stop. I will be back this afternoon.     IFO  P1 3.5 Torr

  

Attachment 1: pd78secondStop.png
pd78secondStop.png
  10557   Wed Oct 1 16:26:53 2014 SteveUpdateVACpump down #78 completed

 

 Pump down reached "vacuum normal" state. IFO _P1 pressure 1e-4 torr in 8 hrs actual pumping time

 PSL shutter is opened.

Attachment 1: pd78completedin25hrs.png
pd78completedin25hrs.png
  10559   Thu Oct 2 09:23:23 2014 SteveUpdateVACvent 77

Quote:

 

 Pump down reached "vacuum normal" state. IFO _P1 pressure 1e-4 torr

PSL shutter is opened.

 IFO_P1 pressure 1.6e-5 torr after 6 days at atm

 

PS: PSL sliding door 11 was left open overnight. The PSL particle count will reach room counts in 20 seconds at low speed of HEPA

Attachment 1: vent77SRMmoved.png
vent77SRMmoved.png
  10563   Fri Oct 3 10:10:37 2014 SteveUpdateVACcold cathode gauge reading switched

 

We have two cold cathode gauges at the pump spool and one  signal cable to controller. CC1  in horizontal position and CC1 in vertical position.  

CC1 h started not reading so I moved cable over to CC1 v

Attachment 1: CC1switched.png
CC1switched.png
ELOG V3.1.3-