Since we reduced the integration time of the particle counter by a factor of 10, we had to add a gain of 10
to the EPICS channels C1:PEM-count_full and C1:PEM-count_half.
I asked Alex to change it and he did it. I forgot to ask him to change the gain of C1:PEM-count_half. So now only
C1:PEM-count_full has x10 gain.
C1:PEM-count_full and C1:PEM-count_half are 'Soft Channel' records in the database (Pcount.db). The values are actually
written into the VAL fields directly by an SNL code Particle.o.
Particle.o reads data from the RS-232C port, to which the particle counter is connected. Then it parses the data and put values
into relevant EPICS channels using channel access. This means we cannot change the gain of the channels by modifying the
database file. For example, ASLO field does not have any effect when the value is directly written into the VAL field.
We had to modify the SNL code. Alex modified Particle.st and the new SNL object file is Particle_x10.o sitting in
/cvs/cds/caltech/target/c1psl/. I modified seq.load so that c1psl loads Particle_x10.o when rebooted.
The source code for the old Particle.st can be found on lesath.ligo.caltech.edu in
I asked Alex to disclose the location of the source of the new code.
In order to compile the SNL code into an object file for Motorola CPU by ourselves, we have to call Dave Barker at LHO.