Notes to the fiber team:
I am aligning beam onto the RFPDs (I have finished all 4 REFL diodes, and AS55), in preparation for locking.
In doing so, I have noticed that the fiber lasers for the RFPD testing are always illuminating the photodiodes! This seems bad! Ack!
For now, I blocked the laser light coming from the fiber, did my alignment, then removed my blocks. The exception is REFL55, which I have left an aluminum beam dump, so that we can use REFL55 for PRM-ITMY locking, so I can align the POP diodes.
EDIT: I have also aligned POP QPD, and POP110/22. The fiber launcher for POP110 was not tight in its mount, so when I went to put a beam block in front of it and touched the mount, the whole thing spun a little bit. Now the fiber to POP110 is totally misaligned, and should be realigned.
What was done for the alignment:
1. Aligned the arms (ran ASS).
2. Aligned the beam to all the REFL and AS PDs.
3. Misaligned the ETMs and ITMX.
4. Locked PRM+ITMY using REFL11.
The following were modified to enable locking
(1) PRCL gain changed from +2.0 to -12.
(2) Power normalization matrix for PRCL changed from +10.0 to 0.
(3) FM3 in PRCL servo filter module was turned OFF.
5. POP PDs were aligned.