On Wednesday (21st) night, I checked the AP table as I wanted to try PRMI locking.
It was difficult to work with the table as there were so many unnecessary components on it.
Also the beams went through complicated paths as they have funny angles.
So I decided to clean up of IMC REFl WFS, IFO REFL, and IFO AS paths.
I found that the AS beam was highly astigmatic as the beam went through a (too-much-) tilted lens.
I made several blocked optical paths for REFL and AS for future extension of the detection system.
The current status of the table was uploaded below.
The optical spectrum analyzers and the aux NPRO were left untouched but they should be moved
somewhere (either on the table or outside) which does not disturb the other optical paths.
After the cleaning, I started locking PRMI. I could lock PRMI stably. But I could not figure out how
the intra-cavity mode looked like as I did not have the POP camera. The power recycling
gain was not quantitatively evaluated as I did not have POP and I wasn't sure how the beam was aligned at POX/POY.
We need to know:
- Quantitative evaluation of the beam shape in the PRC
- Quantitative evaluation of the power recycling gain
Some obvious things to be fixed
- The POX whitening filters seem not switching. This issue should be checked at the circuit module itself and at the BIO.
- The POX beam is not well focused on the PD. This was particularly clear when PRMI was locked with carrier.
- The POP beam is going nowhere. We need POP55 and POP CCD for diagnoses.
I haven't checked ITMY table.